The Leadership Sutra offers startling and original insights into the exercise of power and leadership. It is derived from Business Sutra, the influential book that formulated original management and business techniques that were wholly made in India.
Durga is the goddess of power in Hinduism, as well as in Buddhism and Jainism. Her name is derived from the word ‘fortress’ (durg). She is the goddess of kings. She rides a lion, the king of the jungle and a symbol of royalty everywhere from China to England. We tend to tiptoe around the role of power in management and fail to openly acknowledge how the animal desire to dominate often destroys the best of organizations. Critics tend to see power as a negative thing. But power is a critical tool that affects the implementation of any idea. Any attempt to restrain it with rules results in domestication and resentment and fails to energize the organization. Leaders often equate themselves with lions and indulge their desire to dominate when, in fact, the point of leadership is to be secure enough to outgrow the lion within us and enable and empower those around us. But this is not easy, as anxiety overpowers the best of leaders. Derived from Devdutt Pattanaik’s influential bestseller Business Sutra, this book offers startling and original insights into the exercise of power and leadership. It explores the human quest for significance, the power of rules to rob people of self-esteem and the need for stability even at the cost of freedom.
- By Devdutt Pattanaik, the author of more than a dozen bestselling books on mythology and management, leading columnist for business newspapers and one of the country’s foremost motivational speakers
- the book takes a practical and distinctive look at startling and original insights into the exercise of power and leadership using stories, symbols and rituals from Hindu, Jain and Buddhist mythologies
- Devdutt Pattanaik hosted widely popular TV show Business Sutra on CNBC. His TED talk on mythology and management received over 8, 10, 000 hits online
- the Leadership Sutra carries creative and informative illustrations by the author that elaborate the concepts being discussed
- Plenty of insightful anecdotes and examples of people from all walks of life to which readers can relate.
“ Typical devdutt weaving linkages and analogies. I quite enjoy his explanations and ability to relate to day to day events. The myriad hues of leadership are evident. ”
- Sudhir Bhargava
- Amazon Customer
“ Beautiful and simple analogies which are very relevant and adaptable in multiple situations.
Best take away was about Surface and Shakti. ”
- Ankoor Naik
- Amazon Customer
- Turkish - Myth =Mithya
Buy this book at Amazon
- Hindi - The Goddess in India